On Feb 12th, Doris Samojluk posted to MEDLIB-L an updated checklist for finding free full-text articles online. I tucked it away for later reference, but there was one resource I didn’t see mentioned that I thought should have been: PubMed Gold
Created by MLIS student Shawn Thomas, PubMed Gold is an alternative search interface for PubMed that simultaneously uses Google to search for the full text. I wouldn’t use this to replace the checklist, but I’d certainly add it.
Other posts about third-party PubMed tools:
- PubMed Reader
- For MedLibs who use Macs: iPapers
- PubMed2Connotea / PubMed2CiteULike
- More notes on BioWizard (Digg for Medical Literature, Part 3.5)
- More Alternate PubMed interfaces via Journalology
- BioWizard Enhancements: ‘Digg for Medical Literature’ Part III (Edited)
- Some Alternative Interfaces and Mashups for MedLibs
- BioWizard: The start of ‘Digg for Medical Literature’?
- Article on HubMed