FABLE = “Fast Automated Biomedical Literature Extraction”
FABLE currently tags only genes and proteins and only normalizes human genes. This allows us to design a customized tool that is tailored specifically for this task, rather than a generalized tool such as PubMed that provides broad search capabilities with less specificity.
FABLE mines the biomedical literature for information about human genes and proteins. FABLE v2 allows a user to find articles mentioning a gene of interest (Article Finder), or to generate a list of genes associated with one or more keywords (Gene Lister). Try one of these tools at right or learn more.
Other posts about third-party PubMed tools:
- Managing Medical Literature on a Mac: iPapers, Papers, Sente, BibDesk
- Notes on ReleMed
- PubMed Gold
- PubMed Reader
- For MedLibs who use Macs: iPapers
- PubMed2Connotea / PubMed2CiteULike
- More notes on BioWizard (Digg for Medical Literature, Part 3.5)
- More Alternate PubMed interfaces via Journalology
- BioWizard Enhancements: ‘Digg for Medical Literature’ Part III (Edited)
- Some Alternative Interfaces and Mashups for MedLibs
- BioWizard: The start of ‘Digg for Medical Literature’?
- Article on HubMed