There’s been another big surge in online discussion of UpToDate recently.
- Linda Spadaccini asks via a post to MEDLIB-L if other libraries have considered requesting that their “…physicians or medical staff office pay for it…”
- Also via a post to MEDLIB-L, Chris Williams asks if others are enjoying the same clear documentation and friendly customer service that Chris is experiencing.
- Intueri points out UpToDate’s extraordinary pricing and makes some comparisons to DynaMed.
- Dr. RW asks: Are you UpToDate Dependent?
- Ves Dimov at Clinical Cases and Images continues on the theme of UpToDate dependence, reminding us to “…beware the man of a single book (homo unius libri)…”
Prediction: As time passes, UpToDate will have more and more well-designed, well-maintained, effectively-marketed, affordable competitors. The competition will bring subscription costs down to a more reasonable level.
To keep up with future commentary on UpToDate from the medical blogosphere, subscribe to this MedWorm feed.